Rochester Hope for Pets offers awards to Rochester area pet owners who need assistance with veterinary expenses for unexpected or emergency pet health situations.
Our goal is to assist as many pets as possible on a cost-sharing basis; therefore, we are unable to cover the entire cost of a procedure through an award. The majority of awards given are for a small portion of the overall cost of a procedure or treatment.
To be considered for an award the criteria below must be met:
- The applicant must live within 40 miles of Rochester Hope for Pets (524 White Spruce Blvd, Rochester, NY 14623) or be an existing patient of a veterinary hospital within 40 miles of Rochester Hope for Pets.
- A veterinarian has completed an initial exam and provided a diagnosis or treatment plan. We do not offer awards to cover the cost of an exam.
- Applicants must provide an official estimate from a veterinarian for the treatment or surgery.
- Our one-page application must be completed.
Unfortunately at this time Rochester Hope for Pets is unable to provide awards for the following services:
- Routine wellness care – annual exams, routine vaccines, deworming, heartworm or fecal testing
- Spay/neuter surgeries (if you need to have your pet spayed/neutered, please see Spay it Forward)
- On-going prescription food or medication refill costs
To apply for an award, please complete this application form. All award applications must be accompanied by a current cost estimate for the required treatment from a veterinary hospital. Applications received without an estimate attached will not be considered for an award. It can take up to five business days after application receipt for us to notify you of your application status.
Please send the estimate from your veterinary hospital to:
Rochester Hope for Pets, 524 White Spruce Blvd., Rochester, NY 14623
Each application we receive is given consideration based on the funds we have available and the prognosis for the pet. If you are seeking assistance for care that does not fall inside our coverage guidelines please refer to Resources where you may find further assistance.